Your moving date is coming up soon, please use the tips to make everything go smooth.
- Be ready! Not being ready and organized without doubt will cost more, because we work hourly.
- Save money on your moving expenses by doing the packing and unpacking yourself.
- loading and unloading area is very important. Please save a location for the moving truck to park as near as possible.
- If everything in your home doesn't needs to be moved, then BLUE TAPE items to keep confusion minimal.
- Please use Heavy-Duty boxes. It may cost more, but will protect your items the best. HomeDepot s/m and Lowes s/m sells great heavy-duty boxes at reasonable cost. Use small and medium boxes.
- Plan packing as soon as you know that you are moving.
- Pack items first which you don't use often.
- Pack all small items in boxes.
- Everything boxed will save time loading/unloading and transporting.
- If possible, use uniform size boxes for ease of stacking in moving truck.
- Also make sure boxes are completely filled to give the box strength for stacking.
- Don't over fill, box tops not closed makes it very difficult to stack. If contents permit, use medium size boxes to prevent being too heavy. No empty space in boxes.
- Always tape closed each box to maintain box strength. Pack all cartons tightly.
- Use packing tape to support a fully packed carton.
- It helps us to know which boxes are heavy/strong, light/weak, ^UpRight^ or FRAGILE. Please separate the box types.
- Wrap long items (brooms, mops, bed rails...) tightly together with tape or shrink wrap to save many loading trips.
- Leave a cleared passageway to beds, couches, thin flat glass/mirrors and large furniture. Because we load them first in that order.
- Use color coded tape to signify fragile boxes. Or Clearly mark FRAGILE on the outside of the carton.
- Separate breakables and non-breakables. Use news papers inside the carton top and bottom to provide good cushioning.
- Clearly designate boxes which must remain in an upright stacked position.
- Mark the contents and room destination on the outside of the carton.
- If moving to storage, please have a variety of cardboard (any size will do) to be used to protect/wrap furniture while in storage.
- Disassemble furniture (extended computer tables, bed frames, big tables, couch legs, or anything for safety, weight, big or space consuming...) that won't fit through doors or difficult to place in truck.
- Secure or remove removable shelves from cabinets/bookshelves.
- Also secure the doors of cabinets from opening accidentally.
Notify us of any item that may need special attention because of weak construction, expensive or special handling instructions..
- Designate and plan a good parking space for moving truck to load/unload..
- Get rid of unwanted items. Use Craigslist to sell or donate. We can drop-off to a local thrift shop if you wish (time is money).
Of course if you are not able to do any of the above, we will provide the service for you.
They're just honest tips to save us time and you money.
Please share this disclaimer/policy to all whom it may concern/involved of this move. Ex: Tenants, all household members, representatives, owner, renters, landlords.
Please Abide by all Covid-19 protocols around crew.
- Price Quotes: Kama'aina movers charges an hourly rate which is determined by the number of movers requested. A rough estimate, guesstimate or a ballpark figure over the phone does not constitute a quote. We work hourly charge W/2hr minimum.
- In case of bad weather (i.e. rain or wind), we may suggest you choose another day to move. If you decide to move when the weather is less than ideal, we are not responsible for weather related damage. Precautions must be taken for safety. The moving pace will be slower. We reserves the right to reschedule moves to the next available time slot due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances. Before canceling, both parties must agree when weather is questionable. No voice mails to cancel. Please Call or Text to 808-275-7155.
- Time of operations 8am to 5pm. First moving job is scheduled at 8am, The advised arrival time for next job (Second job of the day) around 1pm to 2pm is tentative. Be ready if the crew finish their first job earlier or later than estimated. If you're not ready, remember first come first served. And your job may have to be rescheduled to a later date if you're not ready. Please take the whole day off.
- Personal valuables (i.e. money, jewelry, handbags, expensive items or credit cards) must be PACKED and PUT AWAY OUT OF SIGHT or MOVED OUT of home BEFORE OUR ARRIVAL. No valuables should not remain in furniture to be moved. Will not be responsible for mistaken placement or accidental lost. We don't move or pack these items.
- Shall not be responsible for damage to items requiring special instructions if customer fails to provide such instructions including, but not limited to, disassemble, assembly, moving or handling of said items and any special preparation required. We're not responsible for liquid damage to your items if not informed of containers that may leak while in transport. Anything not factory sealed should be advised. Please let us know.
- Will not do anything that we feel is unsafe. The safety of any activity or move is at the discretion of the Foreman/Driver. Reserves the right to waive responsibility for any item the movers feel cannot be moved safely. Waiver forms must be signed before move begins.
- Boxes and packing material will be brought to the job site only if requested in advance. Normally, moving trucks don't carry boxes, tape, bubble wrap or packing paper ,again only if requested in advance. Regular moving equipment is supplied such as moving blankets, handtrucks, tie downs and dollies.
- If the move requires more work/workers other than the job description or Bigger may need more workers to complete the job at the appropriate rate, we reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work.
- We're always taking every precaution necessary to ensure the safety of your items and property to be moved in a reasonable time. But will not be responsible for damage if client dictates to take shortcuts and rush.
Also hostile situations or Biohazardous circumstances/settings waste/material, flammable or combustible liquids could result in us declining the job.
- Case by case situation, when a customer packs their own furniture or boxes, we are not responsible for related damage.
For insurance purposes, a customer will not be able to help on the moving truck. May help to and from the truck on their property.
- There will be a $50/hour waiting fee rounded to the nearest quarter hour if the movers have to wait for you to get keys, sign your lease, show up at pickup or drop off locations, etc.
- Will not take any responsibility for any natural stone item. (Ex: Granite Travertine, Marble, Limestone, exc.)
- There is a $250.00 cancellation/reschedule fee if you decide to Cancel or reschedule your move the day of the move. To avoid this fee please cancel or reschedule your move 24-48hrs in advance
- Steep inclines, hi-grade parking, hazardous or dangerous situations could result in us declining the move or possibility needing more workers to complete the job.
- Our personnel will move your pianos, appliances, safes, and other extra heavy items, if the work can be done safely. Unfortunately, damage may result to floor surfaces if it don't support the weight. If you wish to take this risk Kama'aina Movers will not be responsible.
- Will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. Kama'aina Movers will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways. Any time spent positioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at customer¨s expense. At the end of the job, the clock does not stop until our truck(s) are back on the municipal street.
- Will not work in un-floored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. Kama'aina Movers assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
- Wait time at Military gates, piers, loading docks, Young Bros, Matsons, Furniture warehouse and stores will be part of the hourly charge.
- Please don't offer our moving crew gifts, unwanted household items or hand-outs either in bad or good condition, company policy for all moving trucks to return empty other than with moving equipment. We have a disposal fee for unwanted items to be disposed. All items must be approved by crew manager for disposal. Not by crew members. Only gratuity (normally called a tip) is okay to offer crew members and cash is generally preferred.
- Shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as but not limited to lamp shades, mattresses etc. Old mattresses can lump and disfigure upon disturbing. This rarely happens.
- Kama'aina Movers will not be held liable for damages to the internal workings of any electrical appliance...such as refrigerators, electronic devices: i.e. TV's and etc. With the transport of any electrical/electronic device it is quite possible for damage to occur which is not caused by our movers. Just in the movement of an item itself, wires or circuitry can come loose inside. This is totally beyond our control and thus, not something we will accept liability for. Only responsible for obvious visible damage.
Assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer¨s own vehicle or rental equipment and which Kama'aina Movers does not transport.
- Cost of additional supplies (e.g.Boxes, Tape or Shrink Wrap) may apply.
- Fuel/Gas will be charged by mileage. Gas Price Per Mile Driven. $1 times miles from baseyard to job site and return. $2 if two trucks is requested.
- Please remove all contents from furniture.
- Please seal all Boxes/Containers/Bins with tape. Anything spills out of a non-secured containers, we're not responsible if things is lost.
- Please provide restroom accessibly for staff.
- Payment: Cash or Credit Card. No Checks. Additional 3% on credit cards.
- This list is In General. We want to be transparent with no surprises. Also time doesn't permit to go over the full list on the phone while booking. That's why we send out the Moving Tips beforehand. If you already booked with us and don't agree with our disclaimer, you're not obligated to move with us. Then its okay to cancel by letting us know as soon as possible at no cost. Please Call or Text to 808-275-7155 when you need to cancel. No voice mails to canceled.
The confirmation generates the blank invoice for the job.
Confirmation form must be signed before we arrive.
Sample invoice below
- Confirmation will be sent to your phone the day before the move date.